Stress and its Effects on the Body (A Metabolic Balancing)
Many of us are living in the most stressful times we have ever known. We are surrounded by so much fear propaganda, many unknowns, misinformation, disinformation, economic uncertainties, lockdowns with its restrictions and the impact it has on our family life.
This stress, compounded by eating badly, not drinking sufficient water or drinking too much alcohol and fizzy sodas along with lack of regular exercise, leads to our metabolic systems becoming acidic. Acidity, apart from causing heartburn, acid reflux and ulcers, has far-reaching consequences on our general health:
- Acidity leads to heightened histamine levels in our bodies, thus creating an environment where allergies, urticaria (itchy skin), sinus issues, post-nasal drip, etc. will be more prevalent.
- Incomplete digestion will occur, leading to bloating, fullness, distention and acid reflux as well as constipation, spastic colon and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
- Parasites will flourish in an acidic metabolic state, causing yet more acidity.
Protocols for Living Stress-free
- Avoid processed refined wheat (cakes, biscuits, pastries, rusks, white bread, etc. 85% of the time.
- Also avoid sugars (sweets, chocolates, fizzy drinks) and oranges/naartjies as these make one acidic and form mucous.
- Drink fresh lemon in water (hot or cold), to aid in alkalinising the body. (We are an electro-chemical system, so hydration is vital)
Did you know that 10% of our brain neurons, actually occur in the gut? It’s know as the Enteric Nervous System or ‘Gut Brain’ and has a significant impact on determining our general health.
That’s why we have the expression ‘listen to your gut feeling’. It’s our intuitive guidance system that can help us to connect with what is our truth, especially during this time when there is so much conflicting information coming our way.
- Pegasus Anti-Spasm 200C alternated with the Pegasus Gastric Plus 30C, is excellent for spastic colon/Irritable Bowel Syndrome, heartburn, acid reflux and even stomach ulcers.(the Gastric Plus remedy, has Argentum Nit, in it amongst others, which is particularly good for anticipatory anxiety, which can lead to ulceration & other abdominal discomfort.
- The Pegasus Constipation 6C remedy reconnects the ‘brain/bowel’ reflex, thus re-establishing a regular bowel movement (in conjunction with correct eating and drinking)
- The Pegasus N.V.D. 30C (Nausea, Vomiting & Diarrhoea), is very successful in treating these afflictions, whether stress induced or viral.
- The Pegasus Fluid Imbalance 6C remedy contains Nat Phos, which aids in balancing the Acid/Alkali ratio in the body, apart from working as both a diuretic (if oedema is present) and ‘water retainer’(should dehydration occur) – the wonderful homeostasis that Homeopathy accomplishes!
- The Pegasus Calming 30C is non-sedating, anti-anxiolytic and simply relaxes one, while allowing focus.
- The Pegasus T.R.S 200C.(Trauma, Rescue & Shock) , is used more commonly, for ‘in the moment’ stress e.g. car accident, a mugging or burglary, grief, etc.
Finally the Pegasus Sleep 30C unwinds the overactive, busy mind and helps to re-establish a normal sleep pattern.
We have to be proactive when it comes to taking care of our stress levels. Take time to rest well, make time to relax and be good to yourself.